[PyKDE] Promotion one PyQt

Scott Prive scottprive at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 1 02:26:32 GMT 2001

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> By the way - have there been any moves towards getting PyQt included in
> the major Linux distributions? Shall I write a few emails?

Please do so!

Actually, there is a bigger issue here and that promotion. A lot of people
don't even know about PyQt. Rather than a single webpage with a download, the
project needs a true home. Honestly, I don't know if I will be sticking with
PyQt for the near term... I have other classes coming next week and the
startup I do QA for eats into much of my time.

However, if there was a move towards a "web site" for PyQt, and I stick with
this (and/or buy Black Adder), I'm pretty adept at finding things to
document, and hacking tutorial webpages (on topics I am knowledgable about...
PyQt is not really one of them right now).  Or whatever.

Two observations:
1) It takes a LOT of Google searches to find all the resources and articles
on PyQt
2) A competing xplatform toolkit, wxPython, is pretty sparse with lots of
"under construction" placeholder pages. Shouldn't be hard to beat. :-)

Scott

I started a new subject because it deserves it :)