[PyKDE] qtArch

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 13:08:59 BST 2000

Steve.Noble at dpws.nsw.gov.au wrote:

> >I'm starting to wonder whether it wouldn't be easier to create
> >a dialog builder in Python...
>
> i want to play around with pyqt-kde but don't expect i'll ever
> produce anything more than a toy
>
> Where pyqt-kde may be more useful for me is if it's bundled like vb for
> applications. I use a cadd program that has vb like extensions and i've written
> a few macros that are useful to me. The program has a form editor with only
> about 10 controls that excepts input.

Oddly enough, that's exactly what I'm working on at the moment. The
controls will have KDE and GNOME implementations - not because I expect
the same script to be used in a KDE application and a GNOME application,
but because I want the user who is scripting to be able to re-use their
skills.

> perhaps something simple(?) like the limited form editor would be what most
> people would use most of the time.

Agreed.