[PyKDE] Python classbrowser

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at rempt.xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 3 22:06:14 GMT 2000

Dear people,

I've just finished verions 1.0.0 of a Python classbrowser/pathbrowser,
written in Python and PyKDE, based on the Idle classbrowser. It's
available at from my local webserver:

http://www.valdyas.org/python/kpybrowser.html

It's reasonably finished: there's an icon, a kdelnk file, an install
script and everything - and it's pretty useful, I find. I'd like to invite
you all to look at it and poke it and shoot holes in it...

I'm currently having a problem with an inheritance issue (if I subclass
QListViewItem, add an instance of that subclass to a QListView and ask the
QListView for the current item, I get a QListViewItem instead of the
subclass), but as soon as that's resolved, I'll expand the browser to make
it show docstrings and function arguments.

Boudewijn Rempt

ps. I'm currently posting from my providers shell account: I've bought
a domain, set it up to point at my box and so on, but now
pykde at mats.gmd.de thinks I'm sending nothing but spam ;-(.