[PyKDE] QTextDrag::decode

Pete Ware ware at cis.ohio-state.edu
Wed Apr 5 00:40:03 BST 2000

Phil Thompson <phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk> writes:

> 	s = function_that_returns_a_QString()
> 	res = function_that_updates_a_QString(s)
When I was translating my Python code into C++ when trying to figure
out that problem with mimeSource's it was nice that the parameters
matched up.

> 	i = function_that_returns_an_int()
> 	(res,i) = function_that_updates_an_int(i)
And this is what I was expecting when I wrote the original Python
code.

I guess the questions is how much do you want the binding to be like
Python or how much like Qt?  You might want the philosophy to be
consistent with how you decide to handle QString, QStringList,
QObjectList, ...

Btw, I'm really pleased with the work you've been doing on this.
Having been on the other end, it is sometimes a bummer that mostly
you only hear problems and bug reports from people.

--pete