[PyKDE] I must be missing something, but what?

Joachim Kaeber kaeber at gmd.de
Mon Oct 4 07:27:38 BST 1999

Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> I must be missing something...
>
> deirdre at adelie:~/pykde/PyKDE-0.9/examples > ./kmyapp.py
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "./kmyapp.py", line 7, in ?
>     from qt import QWidget, QPopupMenu
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/qt.py", line 7, in ?
>     import libqtc
> ImportError: libsip.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

Two possible solutions:
1. Set LD_LIBRAR_PATH to include the directory where libsip.so* resides;
   this is only a temporary fix, because LD_LIBRARY_PATH, especially
   when set globally in your login environment, is nearly always
   a bad idea.
2. Recompile/link the complete package and include -R{dir-with-libs},
   or -rpath {dir-with-libs}, or set LD_RUN_PATH accordingly
   (depends on your compile/link environment, e.g. our Solaris gcc
   is LD_RUN_PATH aware, my Linux box at home needs -rpath.

Hope that helps.
--
Joachim Kaeber (kaeber at gmd.de) (http://imk.gmd.de/~kaeber)
GMD - Forschungszentrum Informationstechnik GmbH
Schloss Birlinghoven                    email: kaeber at gmd.de
D-53757 Sankt Augustin 1, Germany       phone: (+49 2241) 14-2546