ANN: eric 23.5 released

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Tue May 2 11:24:15 BST 2023

Hi Detlev,

I just installed the new release on Mint using the script on the web
page but it won't start. This is what I see in a terminal

mick at DeskMint21:~/eric_env/bin$ ./eric7_ide qt.qpa.plugin: Could not
load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found. This
application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Available platform plugins are: vkkhrdisplay, linuxfb, minimalegl,
offscreen, wayland-egl, vnc, wayland, minimal, eglfs, xcb. Aborted (core
dumped) mick at DeskMint21:~/eric_env/bin$

Have I missed something?

Thanks

Mick