DebugClientInput() takes from 0 to 1 positional arguments but 2 were given

Guillermo López Alejos guillermo at lopezalejos.es
Sun Feb 13 08:39:03 GMT 2022

Hi,

I'm working on a Python application that uses click [1] for command line
argument parsing (although I'm not sure whether the problem is with click).

It works fine if invoked directly from the command line, but when I try
to debug it using eric IDE I get the following error:

     DebugClientInput() takes from 0 to 1 positional arguments but 2
were given

     File: /usr/share/eric/modules/DebugClients/Python/getpass.py, Line: 52

The faulty line is:

     return input(prompt, False)     # secok

The problem seems to be the second parameter provided to 'input'
function. The 'input' function is replaced by 'DebugClientInput'
function. And then it is invoked from 'getpass'. Both of them are
bundled as part of the eric IDE distribution.

I've checked latest eric7 code and 'DebugClientInput' [2] and 'getpass'
[3] functions seems the same as in eric6. So I don't see an easy way out
of this situation. I might be missing something at a higher level of
abstraction...

I'm using the eric version bundled in Debian Bullseye: eric6 - 21.1
(rev. a0f9e97c0186)

Any help would be welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Guillermo