[Eric] Remote Debugging - How to choose a Path

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Mar 21 14:29:53 GMT 2012

Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2012, 14:49:03 schrieb Christian Rothländer:
> Hi Detlev,
>
> I use the following command line to start my tool:
>
> sudo python
> /usr/lib64/python3.2/site-packages/eric5/DebugClients/Python/DebugClient.py
> -h localhost -n -- tool.py <parameters>
>
> Originally I planned to use the regular debug function, but this failed
> because of the rights problem (eric should run as user, the tool to debug
> as root). I'm not a hundred percent sure but as far as I remember you gave
> me the hint to use the remote debugging to circumvent my problem.

That is quite possible.

I actually am better than I thought ;-) The command line parameters are
already in the code.

--fork-child		to follow into the child
--fork-parent		to follow the parent

If you would start the script to be debugged via the IDE, you would have the
same options available in the debug/run dialog.