[Eric] Remote Debugging - How to choose a Path

Christian Rothländer eric at cr.sy.gs
Wed Mar 21 07:10:10 GMT 2012

Hi there,

I am using Eric5 for a while now and our project is growing. Because the tool has to run as root we had to use the remote debugging feature, which is working fine so far.

I just noticed that one can choose the execution path for threads (parent/child) if one uses the regular debug function. Is there a working way to choose it in a permanent manner while using the
remote debugging feature? It would be nice to always stick to the main code and not to try to debug other tools which are called via popen2 or subprocess. (eventually it could be a solution to add a
check box to the question, which automatically chooses one of the paths for the next requests)

Christian