[Eric] Delete in context menu please

John Murphy swl at freeode.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 13:49:13 GMT 2012

Hello,

I've only recently started using/learning Python and was working with
the Kate editor. I was shocked to find no way to delete selected text
anywhere in Kate, except to use the keyboard, so I decided to look for
something better. Eric is certainly that, but still has no delete text
anywhere I could find. While learning, one quite often needs to delete
selected text and I would find it very handy to have a delete entry on
the context menu. I don't always have a keyboard to hand (I use a virtual
keyboard) and it's just so much unnecessary mouse mileage and it's very
hard to tell the Del key from the others due to the tiny text (but that's
another problem outside the remit of Eric developers of course).

I could use 'cut', but I don't need it in the paste buffer and there
could be something there I'd rather keep at the top of Klipper. So:

Please could I have delete selected in the context menu? I'm sure I'll
be using this very fine software anyway, many thanks to all developers,
but that simple addition would make things easier for me. I'm running
eric4 - 4.5.0 (r4278), so if the feature has been added to a later
version please let me know.

Thanks,

John.