[Eric] Qthelp not found eric5

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Feb 24 09:32:14 GMT 2012

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012, 19:16:28 schrieb ken brockman:
> I have been trying unsuccessfully on and off for over two months to

> > If you get an ImportError it means, that the QtHelp package is having an
> > issue. That is not an eric5 fault. Make sure you have compatible
> > versions of Qt4 and PyQt4 installed (best through the package manager
> > of your distro.>
> >

> > Regards,
> > Detlev
>
> Sorry I had misunderstood your last response. The package manager says all
> is installed. I have also install Qt4,  QScintilla-gpl-2.6 and PyQt4 from
> online, compiled and installed them. Also Sip and one or two other packages
> but still, no go. Have eric4 installed from the package manager, it is an
> earlier release. But eric5 won't work or install with 2.7, so I'm left with
> the puzzle of getting eric5 installed? My release of Linus,
> Ubuntu, doesn't offer eric5 as an option in package manager. In your last
> email you said "But eric5 won't work or install with 2.7,...". That is
> correct because eric5 needs Python3 to be installed and executed. Please
> make sure you have sip, PyQt4 and QScintilla Python bindings done for
> Python3.
>

> Yes I totally get it. I had said that i knew eric5 needed python3 in my last
> email. I know qthelp has to be install in python3. My question is HOW? I
> have built and installed Pyqt4, Qscintilla, sip, etc etc, all using python3
> in the terminal, several times  and still no good? There must be a way to
> do it. If you would be so kind as to give me a clue, I would be in your
> debt. I can Import PyQt4 in python 3 But still get the NO QtHelp error when
> trying to install eric5. Is there a site online where i can download just
> QtHelp , then install with python3??? I am not alone in this problem. I
> have seen many others, when goggling the problem with the same issue. Once
> more thanks for any help you can offer.
> Ken

I am a bit confused now. I would like to recap what was done to get a clear
picture.

1. sip, PyQt4 and QScintilla Python bindings were built from source for Python
3. This happened without issues. 'python3 configure.py' for PyQt4 showed, that
the QtHelp module will be compiled?

2. 'from PyQt4 import QtHelp' entered in a Python 3 console doesn't show an
error.

3. Trying to install eric5 with 'python3 install.py' raises a message saying,
that QtHelp is not available.

2. and 3. should not contradict. If so it would mean, that you have several
Python3 installations around and 2. and 3. are using different ones.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de