[Eric] SQL Browser

Anthony Oliver a.oliver at iolfree.ie
Thu Nov 17 22:35:53 GMT 2011

Good day all

I have an odd issue connecting to MSSQL Servers.  There are several remote
servers accessed via OpenVPN and several on my local LAN.

All can be accessed when running Windows and all are the same version of the
MSSQL Server.  When using the SQL Browser in Eric I can only access one of
the Servers over the VPN and none on the LAN.

Checking with Wireshark I see that the same packet is sent to all the
servers the response from all is almost the same except only one does not
have the reset flag set in the acknowledgement that is the one connection is
subsequently established with.

Anyone any ideas as to what the problem might be.  The server which responds
correctly is running Windows 2003 server all the others are running XP Pro
SP3.

Tony