[Eric] Eric stops responding on auto-complete tooltip if I type too fast

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Thu Nov 10 04:14:30 GMT 2011

I've now seen this issue show up in multiple files, so I figure I should
report it.  I've just updated my Kubuntu desktop to Oneiric, with Eric4
installed (from the official repositories).  When I open a new file and
start typing, if I type "fro" quickly, eric freezes in what appears to
be an infinite loop.  If I, instead, type "fr", then pause until the
auto-complete tooltip appears, and continue typing, everything is fine.
The particular text being typed doesn't seem to matter (i.e. "_co"
crashes just as readily), neither does having a project open or not. I
have Eric configured to do file-only suggestions (no api suggestions).
Once the auto-complete has shown once, everything seems fine, but
remembering to slow-type the first two characters typed in a file is a
bit painful.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
Mike

Eric 4.4.15-1