[Eric] Eric4 and javascript files

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu May 19 18:37:45 BST 2011

Hello,

please perform the following steps in a Python shell

import mimetypes
print mimetypes.guess_type(<filename goes here>)

and check, that the first entry is either None or text/... That is the same
logic eric uses to decide to open it with the editor or pass it on to your
system (i.e. default application).