[Eric] Can Eric be attached to a running process to debug in Linux?

Leo Gonzalez py_user at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 04:02:18 BST 2011

I would like to know if there is some way to start a python script outside of Eric, and at some point while the script is running, start Eric, and attach it's debugger to the process.  It's not feasible to load the script in Eric before running, and then debug, because the plan for the project I'm working on in a Red Hat Linux environment is to have many scripts started automatically, and decide which one needs to be attached to a debugger during runtime. I would really prefer to use Eric over any other IDE, because of all the features it has, but if anyone has used any other IDE's to do this, I would like to know if that's possible. Thank you.