[Eric] howto use icons in pyqt/qtdesigner

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Sun May 8 07:19:02 BST 2011

Hi Jeroen,

Please use the reply-all button when replying, so that your reply goes to
the list, and not just the person who's post you are replying to. That way
you get to benefit from the community, and when you find your solution, the
community gets to benefit from you.

On Sun, 8 May 2011 00:55:36 +0200, Jeroen Eitjes <jeroen.eitjes at gmail.com>
wrote:
> How do i do that: "I add it all to a Qt resource file, then I compile it
> using pyrcc4 to a Python file" ????
>
> Could you guide me in steps. Do you use qtdesigner, eric or just vi?

This is the Eric mailing list, so with Eric. Are you just editing files,
or are you using the Project functionality in Eric? If you're not using
Projects in Eric, I highly recommend you do, since it adds shortcuts to do
things like this.

I'd suggest finding out how to use Qt resources (there's plenty of Qt
documentation), and then look in the PyQt4 documentation for how to use
pyrcc4.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za