[Eric] convert line end chars

Johan Samyn johan.samyn at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 10:41:49 BST 2011

On 05-06-2011 11:15, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Sonntag, 5. Juni 2011, Johan Samyn wrote:
>> Hi,
>> How can I get the "Edit -> Convert Line End Characters" feature to work
>> (eric v4.4.15 r4034) ?
> Configuration dialog, Editor->General tab

Hmm, that's not the one. That one is about indentation.
The only info I found is under "Settings -> Editor -> Filehandling".
There I found a checkbox "Automatic End of Line Conversion". But that's
not what I want, because this one allways converts when opening a file
with differing eol setting. And I just want to do this on certain
occasions, manually, and I thought that menu option was the right one
for it.
--
Johan

>> TabNanny plugin seems to be active, but opening a file with the "wrong"
>> eol's, and selecting the menu option, or even first selecting text and
>> than the menu option, does nothing.
>> Related question : is there some User Guide doc for eric, or is the api
>> doc the only documentation ?
> There is somebody, who is writing some user documentation right now. In the
> meantime there are just the tutorials available via the eric web site.
Ok, I understand. Was just wondering if I missed it somehow.