[Eric] a few eric4 usability issues

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Jan 30 11:57:48 GMT 2011

On Sunday 30 January 2011, 12:28:25 Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2011, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

> > > That would be a dialog like kdesvn commit dialog, right?
> >
> > Yes, something similar, although that dialog suffers from its
> > attempt to manage new files by default..
>
> How about extending the "Status" dialog. It already has all the
> functionality except the diff. I could move the context menu entries
> to buttons and place them to the right of the list.

Hey, yes, that would be great. Btw, I never noticed the context menu in
that dialog (probably, because its functionality wasn't immediately
obvious). It might be worth thinking about adding some actions as
buttons below the list on the left (including the diff). That way
(given that the list is in multi selection mode) one is able to call
the diff/check in/revert for the currently selected items in one go. A
checkbox in the list view items could visualize "active" items, e.g the
ones that the button actions operate on. All items should be set on by
default. Then this dialog deserves a global shortcut, and would be the
one stop shop for all major version control operations.

What do you think?

Pete

P.S.: I'm away for the rest of the day.