[Eric] Accented letters and autocompletion

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Dec 21 18:50:30 GMT 2011

Am 20.12.2011 um 10:27 schrieb Leonardo Giordani:

>> Hello,
>>
>> Please test the following:
>>
>> 1. Disable rope auto-completion and check the behaviour.
>
> With this configuration everything works perfectly.
>
>> 2. Get the eric assistant plug-in and enable it's auto-completion (please note,that there should be only one a/c provider activated.
>
> I got the plugin and installed it, but do not understand how to
> activate its autocompletion.
> Besides, even QScintilla autocompletion has no checkbox for its
> activation/deactivation.
> I'm a bit lost in this part of the configuration, any help?

To activate this provider just deactivate the rope provider and activate this one on the eric assistant configuration page. eric assistant has the capability to complete from API files, from the document, from the current project or any combination. For the API completion to work, you must configure APIs to be used (APIs config page). Note that the same APIs setup is used by the QScintilla auto-completion.

QScintilla auto-completion is disabled automatically, if any of the other auto-completion providers is activated. For all to work, you have to enable auto-completion (which you did already).