[Eric] Translation updates needed for eric4 4.5

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Dec 7 18:55:24 GMT 2011

Am Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011, 09:58:59 schrieb Leonardo Giordani:
> Thanks, got it. SOme questions:
>
> 1 - When in Qt Linguist it keeps saying in the right window
>
> "File /home/leo/trunk/i18n/UI/BrowserModel.py not available"
>
> or whatever file I'm translating. What's the matter? Sorry, I never
> poked into translating a project with Qt Linguist.

You may ignore this. Qt Linguist is just telling you, that it cannot open the
source file. Somehow Qt Linguits expects all sources to below the directory
containing the translation file (which is not the case for the eric sources).

> 2 - Should I contact the original translator to check my translation
> or should I simply choose what I think is the best translation for a
> new element?

You could do both. Currently I don't know, if he is still available. Maybe you
just post a message.

> 3 - There are some elements which are already translated but not
> checked. What to to with them?

If the translation is ok, just acknowledge this by pressing Ctrl-Return as you
would do for your own translations. These unfinished translation will not be
contained in the final translation file I will generate using the Qt lrelease
tool.