[Eric] cannot download versions file

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Sep 14 17:40:28 BST 2010

On Dienstag, 14. September 2010, danny wrote:
> Whenever Eric starts up, I get the error that Eric "could not download the
>
> versions file". I have used the same proxy host as I am using with the
> Firefox
>
> browser and that works just fine. Does anyone have any ideas what this
> message means

It simply means, that it could not download the versions file in order to
check for updates. Yes, eric calls back home.

> and how I might get rid of it?

If you are using eric4 (a little version info would have been great) you can
try different proxy setting. The configuration dialog allows for a transparent
proxy and a caching proxy.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de