[Eric] How do I get the images to show up in Qt deisgner

detlev detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri May 28 18:16:22 BST 2010

On Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2010, Patrick Moran wrote:
> This is strange.
>

> I have Eric4 4.4.4a installed and when running Qt Designer 4.5.2 I cant get
> a GIF image to load into the image of a  stylesheet on a widget.
>
> The background image loads OK but not an image.
>

> This doesn't work:
>
> image: url(:/images/logo.gif);
>

> But this does:
>
> background-image: url(:/images/logo.gif);
>

> When I run Qt from the standalone application (Qt Designer  4.6.2) it loads
> the same form the right way.
>

> How do I switch Eric4 to use the new version of Qt?

You have to install QScintilla, sip, PyQt4 and the QScintilla Python bindings
for the newer Qt. Over here on my machine I created a virtual environment for
Python (virtualenv) for testing with different Qt versions. Alternatively you
install the prerequisites for the newer Qt only. Just make sure, that the path
to the new Qt comes first in the list of paths.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de