[Eric] eric4 problem on Vista: pythonw.exe has stopped working

Francesco Biccari biccari at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 13:23:32 BST 2010

Hello,

the problem of python crash on Eric4 exit
disappears compiling PyQt.

Should not be better to make eric4 works even with
the precompiled version of PyQt?
Installing Qt, QScintilla, and so on is very tedious.

I noticed also another "bug" which appears with the
precompiled versione of PyQt.
If I open the "HelpViewer..." the Eric4 browser appears
together with another windows saying:
QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
after several identical messages the window
shows the error log and remains blocked.

This is the log error:

Warning:
An unhandled exception occurred. Please report the problem
using the error reporting dialog or via email to
<eric4-bugs at eric-ide.python-projects.org>.
A log has been written to "C:\Users\Francesco\_eric4\eric4_error.log".
Error information:
2010-03-28, 14:20:48
<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>:
underlying C/C++ object has been deleted
File "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\eric4\Helpviewer\HelpWebSearchWidget.py",
line 403, in __engineImageChanged
QIcon(QPixmap.fromImage(osm.currentEngine().image())))
Version Numbers:
Python 2.6.4
Qt 4.6.2
PyQt4 4.7.2
sip 4.10.1
QScintilla 2.4.3
eric4 4.4.2 (r3677)
Platform: win32
2.6.4 |EPD 6.1-1 (32-bit)| (r264:75706, Nov 11 2009, 19:42:36) [MSC
v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
Plugins Version Numbers:
PluginAbout 4.4.0
PluginEricapi 4.4.0