[Eric] newbie question

Danny Shevitz shevitz at lanl.gov
Wed Jun 2 22:07:34 BST 2010

I have been trying to post through gmane, and it has been failing, so I
apologize if duplicates end up on the list.

I have just started using Eric IDE and I have some questions.

When the install happened, I did my best to configure it. I evidently do not

have Eric configured quite right. I think I have a problem with my proxy

settings.

Whenever Eric starts up, I get the error that Eric "could not download the

versions file". I have used the same proxy host as I am using with the
Firefox

browser and that works just fine. Does anyone have any ideas what this
message means and how I might get rid of it?

A second question is that my project is under version control and I am only

seeing the top level files in the project viewer. I am not seeing the

sub-directories or their contents. Is there a setting I am missing?

Finally, when I add a new file, there is a very long laundry list of file
types

and the default type is .ASP (the first in the list). Is there a way to make
the

default file type .py (I am doing python development after all)?

thanks,

Danny