[Eric] Puzzled over compile versus generate dialogue

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Fri Feb 12 06:54:33 GMT 2010

All,

I'm going throught the Minibrowser tutorial on the eric website.

I understand that compile generates  code to build the form. Then I understand that generate dialog code is used to generate code to subclass the code created when compiling the form.

I understand that compiling will create new code and trash the old.

What about the generate dialog code? If you put a bunch of code in there, and then change the form a bit, will generate dialog code keep the changes you made? What's the story here?

David