[Eric] Eric Digest, Vol 44, Issue 15

Christian Prinoth christian at prinoth.name
Thu Feb 11 18:26:51 GMT 2010

Hi, I just tried to install everything specifying arch i386, including
carbon 32 bit qt libraries. Everything  went fine, until the
installation of Eric itself. Here's the output:

$ sudo python install.py
Checking dependencies
Python Version: 2.6.1
Sorry, please install PyQt4.
Error: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so, 2):
no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so: mach-o, but wrong
architecture

So apparently one also has to install a 32 bit version of Python :(