[Eric] Eric4 on Mac Os X, problem with highlighting boxes

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Feb 10 17:50:15 GMT 2010

Hi Christian,

See my post yesterday that outlines this problem:

 Weird Eric4 Editor Font Spacing and Highlighting

It happens when you install the Cocoa-only version of Qt 4.6.1
(qt-mac-cocoa-opensource-4.6.1.dmg), which also happens when installing via
MacPorts. If you download the qt-mac-opensource-4.6.1.dmg version of Qt,
which still has Carbon code, eric should work correctly. This appears to be
a problem with the underlying QScintilla Qt widget that eric uses for its
editors, and only appears to be a problem with Macs at this time.

http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-mac-opensource-4.6.1.dmg

This explains the differences between the Qt installs:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/developing-on-mac.html

but not why the problem might be happening. I have posted to the QScintilla
list about this issue.

--
Larry