[Eric] Return problem back again

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sun Feb 7 21:42:27 GMT 2010

David,

It looks like the patch for this did not make it into eric 4.4.1. Attached
is the patch you can apply with:

patch '/path/to/python/site-packages/eric4/Preferences/Shortcuts.py'
'/path/to/Shortcuts.py.diff'

Read 'man patch' in Terminal for help, if needed. This should fix the
problem.

After patching, and before launching eric...

Open ~/.config/Eric4/eric4.ini in BBEdit or TextWrangler and go to the
[Shortcuts] section and look for and change to:

Edit\vm_edit_insert_line\Accel=Return
Edit\vm_edit_insert_line\AltAccel=Enter
Edit\vm_edit_insert_line_below\Accel=Shift+Return
Edit\vm_edit_insert_line_below\AltAccel=Shift+Enter

Or, better yet, simply delete the [Shortcuts] section of the eric4.ini and
save, then launch eric.

If you are running an unpatched version of eric, the saved shortcuts will =
hex representations of the keys, instead of their words (at least, they will
on a Mac).

Let me know if this works.

--
Larry