[Eric] uic error code while trying to generate dialog code

Youssef Oualmakran youssefsan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 16:45:23 GMT 2010

Dear sir or madame,

I am trying to lean pyQt and Eric5 with the tutorial from Eric5 website.

I get an "uic error" while trying to hit "Generate dialog code ...".
The error text tells:
"There was an error loading the form C:\Users[...]
'module' object has no attribute 'StackedWidget'".

Then, I click "Ok" on the error window. On the window that appears
"Forms code generator", when I click "new", I get a similar error.

I have followed the instructions on
http://ericide.pythonprojects.org/tutorials/MiniBrowser/index.html and
get this error when I am at chapter 3.

I think I am using latest versions of the required softwarse:

Eric 5.0.4

Windows Seven Home Premium on a Pentium Dual Core
Python Version: 3.1.3
Found PyQt
Found QScintilla2
Qt Version: 4.7.1
PyQt Version:  4.8.2
QScintilla Version:  2.4.6

Can someone tell me what that error means?

Regards,
Youssef Oualmakran