[Eric] How do I change eric4 background color ?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Dec 9 17:52:54 GMT 2010

On Donnerstag, 9. Dezember 2010, svchost at gmx.com wrote:
> I just installed eric4 for the first time (on windows eric4.4) and  for
> .py i can change the background colors in Settings -> preferences ->
> editor -> highlighters -> styles -> python,  BUT i get an annoying white
> vertical 1px margin between the actual editor and the
> debuggermargincolumn (i disabled both folding margin and linenumber
> column).
>
> If the script is only few line long, the background color does not go
> all the way down and a white strip is displayed where there are no
> actual lines of code yet written. How do i edit this
> background-background white color ? Its annoying.

First of all eric uses the colors configured for Qt applications. The parts of
the editor, that contain some text are coloured by the respective
highlighters. That means

1. You should configure Qt using qtconfig (or qtconfig4).
2. Configure the colours in eric4.

If you still see a one pixel white line somewhere than that is a QScintilla
bug and should be reported on the QScintilla mailing list.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de