[Eric] Eric5 Install question

Mark E. Skeels meskeels at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 18:49:48 BST 2010

Hi,

I am a raw newbie with Python and Eric......I decided to learn Python3
and use the Eric5 IDE for development.

I am installing on Windows 7.

I downloaded and installed the recommended packages from the links
recommended on the downloads page of the Eric website.....except for the
QScintilla link, which seemed to have been installed during the PyQt
install.

I installed them in the order of the links, ie, Python3, QT 4.5.x, PyQt
4.7.x, skipped Scintilla as mentioned.

I received a message during the PyQt install, complaining that it did
not find Python3 installed, but afterwards indicated that PyQt was
installed in the Python3 directory,  so I continued.

I tried to install Eric5 by running Install.py from the IDLE gui. It
complained, "Sorry, please install PyQt4."

I do not know how to begin to fix this; please help me.

Thanks,
Mark