[Eric] File opening default filter

Stjujsckij Nickolaj sterkrig at home.no
Wed Aug 18 17:25:29 BST 2010

> It is on the Editor->Filehandling page. Please be aware, that it has no
> effect on Linux systems using a KDE dialog wrapper for Qt because KDE
> dialogs work different from Qt dialogs. In that case, you should disable
> the usage of these wrappers (unfortunately I don't know how) or use the
> wrappers of eric4 (if PyKDE4 is installed). The internal wrappers handle
> the filter preselection right.
  If anyone on the list knows how to disable KDE-style dialogs in Eric (and
in other pure-Qt apps too), please share the knowledge. I'm positively
loath those, and Eric can't handle their filetype filters... I have got
rid of PyKDE and rebuilt everything I found (PyQt-related stuff) without
KDE support, but they are still here to bug me. Seems like I should
install PyKDE again and try to make use of Eric dialog wrappers for it.