[Eric] Mac OS X glitches/problems, eric 5.0.1 release

b k mutualaid at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 15:28:40 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 3:46 AM, Christian Prinoth
<christian at prinoth.name> wrote:

> I confirm at least the font metrics problem. After some tests, though, I came to the conclusion that it is a bug in either QScintilla or QT itself...

I also suspect that the display corruption problem at least is a bug
with Qt/PyQt on OS X.

>> > - Project -> Version Control -> Show log browser. When using this dialog,
>> > if you try to view a diff the child dialog appears behind and totally
>> > obscured by the parent log browser. The diff dialog remains underneath
>> > with focus.

I believe this is due to a difference with how OS X handles windows
and dialogs. Parent windows can never be displayed on top of child
dialogs [1], while on Windows (and possibly Linux) they are all
treated as peers.

[1] - Unless AlwaysOnTop is set, which simply reverses the behavior:
child dialogs are always behind parent window.

>> I have no clue what is going on. eric5 works fine on Linux and Windows
>> systems. I can't test Mac OS X because I don't own an Apple computer. Are you
>> sure, that your setup is correct?

My setup is totally standard OS X 10.6.4 on MacBook Air Rev B, save
for 64-bit Python 3.1.