[Eric] Eric4 newby woes on osx

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed May 27 18:13:04 BST 2009

On Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2009, Denis Kovacs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Eric4 for the first time today. It seems to be
> exactly what I was looking for. Alas, I bumped into a couple of bugs
> that make it impossible to use eric4. :(
>
> * I played around in the keyboard shortcuts and got eric4 into a state
> where I get the following error dialog box whenever I hit Return:
> "Warning: QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: ?"
> I can't seem to reset the shortcuts - even deleting the .eric4
> directory didn't seem to help. Where are the shortcuts stored?

They are stored inside the eric4 settings file (usually
~/.config/Eric4/eric4.ini). However, an easier solution would be to reset the
keyboard shortcuts by importing the default shortcuts (default.e4k).

> * I can not seem to be able to change the fonts. :( Both fonts are
> very small, and the monospace is antialiased. I can't seem to find a
> config file that stores the settings here, either.

You should use qtconfig to change the standard fonts used by Qt. The editor
fonts can be changed via the configuration dialog.

Detlev