[Eric] Debugger problem

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri May 22 07:18:04 BST 2009

Hi,

my comments are included at the relevant place (see below).

On Freitag, 22. Mai 2009, Jochen Deibele wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I fill in here what is different/worth to mention for me.
>
> Am Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2009 12:47:10 schrieb Detlev Offenbach:
> > maybe I did something wrong in order to reproduce the problem. Here is
> > what I did.
> >
> > Test 1:
> > 1. open both files in eric4
> > 2. set a breakpoint at line 3 of apackage.py
> > 3. switch to aCallingfile.py (seems to be the main file)
>
> It is meant to be the main file yes.
>
> > 4. press F5
>
> Correct.
> For me a dialog keeps popping up here asking me to enter command line,
> working directory, environment and so on. I use to just confirm with 'OK'
> here.

I did not mention this dialog. I didn't enter anything either.

> > 5. execution stops at breakpoint
>
> execution doesn't stop for me here. A dialog pops up an reports that the
> application finished with status 0.
>
> > Test 2:
> > 1. open both files in eric4
> > 2. set a breakpoint at line 3 of apackage.py
> > 3. switch to aCallingfile.py (seems to be the main file)
> > 4. set a breakpoint at line 3 of aCallingfile.py
> > 5. press F5
>
> Here again the dialog pops up as described above.

Correct.

> > 6. execution stops at breakpoint in aCallingfile.py
>
> Yes.
>
> > 7. press F6 (continue)
> > 8. execution stops at breakpoint in apackage.py
>
> Not for me. Instead again the dialog reporting finishing with status 0.
>
> My python:
> Python 2.6 (r26:66714, Feb  3 2009, 20:52:03)
> [GCC 4.3.2 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 141291]]
>
> Running on a openSUSE 11.1, 32bit.

I have openSUSE 11.1, 64 bit

> (r3080) from
> I had another eric installed before and upgraded to 4.3.3
> (eric-4.3.3-4.2.i586.rpm) from the kde42 repository.

Can you try to install the package from the eric4 web site to make sure,
nothing got messed by the openSUSE package. Please uninstall the RPM package
first.