[Eric] Debugger problem

Jochen Deibele eric-ide at jochen.deibele.de
Fri May 22 00:14:40 BST 2009

Hi,

I fill in here what is different/worth to mention for me.

Am Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2009 12:47:10 schrieb Detlev Offenbach:
> maybe I did something wrong in order to reproduce the problem. Here is what
> I did.
>
> Test 1:
> 1. open both files in eric4
> 2. set a breakpoint at line 3 of apackage.py
> 3. switch to aCallingfile.py (seems to be the main file)
It is meant to be the main file yes.
> 4. press F5
Correct.
For me a dialog keeps popping up here asking me to enter command line, working
directory, environment and so on. I use to just confirm with 'OK' here.

> 5. execution stops at breakpoint
execution doesn't stop for me here. A dialog pops up an reports that the
application finished with status 0.

> Test 2:
> 1. open both files in eric4
> 2. set a breakpoint at line 3 of apackage.py
> 3. switch to aCallingfile.py (seems to be the main file)
> 4. set a breakpoint at line 3 of aCallingfile.py
> 5. press F5
Here again the dialog pops up as described above.
> 6. execution stops at breakpoint in aCallingfile.py
Yes.

> 7. press F6 (continue)
> 8. execution stops at breakpoint in apackage.py
Not for me. Instead again the dialog reporting finishing with status 0.

My python:
Python 2.6 (r26:66714, Feb  3 2009, 20:52:03)
[GCC 4.3.2 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 141291]]

Running on a openSUSE 11.1, 32bit.
(r3080) from
I had another eric installed before and upgraded to 4.3.3
(eric-4.3.3-4.2.i586.rpm) from the kde42 repository.

I can also confirm for me what Krishna reported:
I also can step into aPackagefile.py if I stop with a
breakpoint in aCallingfile.py and then step forward. However all
breakpoints in aPackagefile are ignored even though I stepped into it.

Jochen