[Eric] RE: New Eric4 user

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Mar 25 19:09:47 GMT 2009

After a fresh install you should start the configuration dialog first. That
should have been indicated by eric4.

On Mittwoch, 25. März 2009, Callahan, Sean wrote:
> I have just installed Eric4 for the first time and have a couple of
> problems that I was hoping that others have seen.
>
> I am running on Windows XP SP2
> Python 2.6.1
> Qt	4.4.3
> PyQt	4.4.4
> Sip	4.7.9
> Qscintilla	2.3.2
> Eric4		4.3.1 (r2919)
>
> When Eric4 starts up a pop-up window entitled "Could not download the
> versions file" pops up.
>
> In the dialog box at the bottom the following is present:
>
> Passive Debug Mode
> Not connected
> Passive >>>

That means, that the IDE is operating in passive mode, where the debug server
waits for connections from an externally started debugger. Go to the
configuration dialog and disable this (Debugger->General).