[Eric] RE: New Eric4 user

Callahan, Sean Sean.Callahan at boeing.com
Wed Mar 25 18:24:58 GMT 2009

I have just installed Eric4 for the first time and have a couple of
problems that I was hoping that others have seen.

I am running on Windows XP SP2
Python 2.6.1
Qt	4.4.3
PyQt	4.4.4
Sip	4.7.9
Qscintilla	2.3.2
Eric4		4.3.1 (r2919)

When Eric4 starts up a pop-up window entitled "Could not download the
versions file" pops up.

In the dialog box at the bottom the following is present:

Passive Debug Mode
Not connected
Passive >>>

I am not able to run anything... the Start menu options are all greyed
out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean M. Callahan, Ph.D.
Technical Fellow
The Math Group, Boeing Technology
The Boeing Company
PO Box 3707 MC 7L-21, Seattle, WA 98124-2207
sean.callahan at boeing.com       (425) 373-2744