[Eric] Corrupt project and home files?

Wesley Brooks wesbrooks at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:18:00 GMT 2009

Morning Users,

I'm running the latest version of Eric4 on Fedora 10 with Python 2.5.2.

I'm regularly getting a warning on start up that my "/home/user_name/.Eric4
file is corrupt and my project file is corrupt. To recover the project file
I'm using subversion to roll back to a previous version. I'm unsure how to
fix the home directory file error as removing the file with "rm .eric4/ -r"
while in the home directory doesn't seem to clear the user settings or the
corrupt file warnings. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing that
currupts the files? Before I shut the software down I always check to see if
the project file needs saving, update my local svn folder, commit any
changes, close the project then Eric.

Any help, or suggesions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Wesley Brooks