[Eric] Can't "step in"

Todd Lesher tlx at cypress.com
Fri Dec 18 21:47:14 GMT 2009

detlev wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2009, Todd Lesher wrote:
>> detlev wrote:

>>> This file probably doesn't exist. Please verify.
>> Verified. File 'pyexpat.c' does not exist on my drive, nor does folder
>>  'loewis'. There is not even a 'Modules' folder. As I have on several
>>  different PCs, I installed Python 2.5.1 from this link:
>>
>>    <http://python.org/ftp/python/2.5.1/python-2.5.1.msi>
>>
>> I used the default installation settings. Shall I ask the python list? I
>>  can't get google to tell me what to do
>
> I expected this result. The eric4 debugger is meant to debug Python (and Ruby)
> scripts. I have no clue, why it tried to open a C source file.

Okay, thanks for looking. It doesn't matter which line of a python script I place
the breakpoint - I get the same error when I try to step in. This has happened on
three different installations - so maybe it's something I'm doing. I'll try to
figure out how to debug it - after this project is done.

Thanks again.