[Eric] Re: Re: Re: Automatic update of files from SVN

Marco marco.mandl at gmx.at
Mon Apr 20 22:17:33 BST 2009

Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> On Sonntag, 19. April 2009, Marco wrote:
>> Detlev Offenbach wrote:

>> > I'll include such a function. However, it will not be enabled by
>> > default and has to be enabled via the configuration dialog.
>>
>> Hi Detlev,
>>
>> That is really great. Thx.
>>
>> How about my other request for diabling sorting in the browser? This
>> feature is a true K.O. criteria because the order of functions and sub
>> function has important semantic for my use case.
>>

> That is unlikely to be implemented because of the way the module parser
> works. It stores the results in Python dictionaries and these do not have
> a sense of ordering. That means you will get the data back in a different
> oredr than you stored it.

This really bad news. I assume that you mean the browser does not only have
a dict with the keys classes, functions, and so on, but for e.g. the
functions there is a dict with the functions' names as keys. Correct?

So if I cannot expect a soon change I have to go for another IDE or python
editor.

SPE seems to be quite unstable. Do you have a suggestion for a good python
editor with browser?

br,
Marco