[Eric] extending the Editor

Albert Zeyer albert.zeyer at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Sep 13 15:47:32 BST 2008

Hi,

I am planning to extend the editor. I am thinking of some advanced
autocompletion features that can be used while you develop the
application. I am thinking of using the list returned by dir() while
you are debugging the application. I also want the editor to show the
AST returned by the Python parser, not the raw code. And I want to be
able to modify this AST. And I want to get events (when the user
changed something in the AST) and handle these events.

Is that possible with QScintilla or do I need to develop an own editor
component?

Regards,
Albert