[Eric] Editor

Albert Zeyer albert.zeyer at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Sep 13 15:28:37 BST 2008

Hi,

There are multiple problems in the editor (probably that's all
QScintilla).

(Again, my environment is Eric 4.2.1 (r2426) on MacOSX with Python
2.5.1.)

1st: I set the tab with size to 4 characters under options (and I
activated monospace font per default). When I press tab in the editor
(I selected "use tabs for indent"), the tab is not 4 characters long
(or at least it does not seem to be that long; it seem to be about
1.75 characters long). Perhaps the font size used for the tab is
different than for the rest of the code? How can I change that? When I
disable the "use tabs for ident" and I press tab, it inserts 4 spaces
which also look like 4 spaces. Therefore it only seems to be a problem
with the tab character (or how it is displayed).

2nd: When I press enter somewhere in the code, it tries to use the
same identation as the line above (which is what I want). Though, it
often fails and the identation is different. (I am not sure if I can
attach any images to the mail. I will therefore write another mail
where I attach a screenshot.)

3rd: The font size of brackets ("()") is smaller than the rest. This
looks a bit strange when I insert a bracket. I press "(" and it
automatically inserts the ")". The input is then between the "(" and
")", though it looks on the screen if the input would be behind the
")". (Look at the screenshot.)

Regards,
Albert