[Eric] Re: Eric4 and MS Vista

Mikhail Parfenov Parfenov.Mikhail at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 06:32:24 BST 2008

Hi.

> What does "Preferences.getDebugger("NetworkInterface")" return?

"Preferences.getDebugger("NetworkInterface")" return IPv6 address for localhost
- (0.0.0.0.0.1).
After installation Eric in IDE menu Settings/Preferences/Debugger/General/
Network Interface in combobox was been chosen string with next value - "{some
guid} (0.0.0.0.0.1), (127.0.0.1)". Where Eric get this settings i'm don't find.
But to my mind "Preferences.getDebugger("NetworkInterface")" return first
address from this settings.

> Was there anything else changed (e.g. you changed to administrator)? I heard
> from one guy in the past, that he had a problem when eric was started without
> admin rights. Maybe some local Vista policy is in the way. Unfortunately I
> don't have any Vista around (and will not for the time being unless somebody
> contributes an official license).

Hm... Only this change. I'm always work under administrator.
In the evening i'm try to use Eric under different rigths,
and write by result.

With b/r Parfenov Mikhail