[Eric] Won't start - translation file error

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Oct 31 09:13:31 GMT 2008

Eric won't start for me, getting the following error, which I've noticed
posts about many times in the past and no real answer.

Warning: translation file 'qt_en_US'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'eric4_en_US'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_en_US'could not be loaded.
Using default.

-Splash screen is hung on "Generating Main User Interface"

I upgraded from ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10 today and eric stopped working. So I
  unistalled the version in the repos and tried installing 4.2.2a and
the latest snapshot doing a complete remove including the .config/eric
and .eric4 folder.

No difference.

Any ideas, let me know what I can do to provide better feedback.

Thanks,
Alex