[Eric] Autocompletion and math module

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Oct 25 11:01:34 BST 2008

On Samstag, 25. Oktober 2008, ☂Josh Chiα (谢任中) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure how to get auto-completion to work.  E.g. if I just install
> Eric4.1.1, and edit a .py file, autocompletion doesn't know anything about
> math.sqrt.  Fine, I run "eric4-api -o test.api /usr/lib/python2.5/*.py",
> and set Eric to use the resulting test.api.  Well, math is not in a .py
> file. How do I get Eric to autocomplete for a standard modules like math?
> I'm not sure what other modules have the same problem as math.
>
> Josh

Have you tried to enable the usage of the Python API file that comes with
QScintilla (I think)? Just go to the eric4 configuration dialog, API page,
select Python and select "Add from installed APIs". You should get a list of
raw API files to select from. Once done, just compile the list into a
prepared API file (which is a binary file). This file is used by the
QScintilla autocompletion. Alternatively you may install the eric4 assistant
plugin (for eric4 4.2.0 or better) and configure the autocompletion to use
that instead. You still have to configure the set of rawAPI files to use.
However, compilation is done automatically if needed.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de