[Eric] Go to definition?

OldGrantonian oldgrantonian at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 20 09:38:47 BST 2008

I'm trying out Eric 4.2.2 on WinXP Home. I'm new to everything, including
Python.

Eric is very fast at finding all files that contain an item. For example, in
the following line:

    main_widget.helpMenu.insertItem("Hello there", hi)

if I highlight "insertItem", then press Shift+Ctrl+F, I get a dialog that
lists all the files that contain "insertItem". This is very useful.

Eclipse has another useful feature:  if I highlight something and press a
hot key I can get a single line that defines the highlighted entry.

Can Eric do this? If so, I would be most grateful if someone could tell me
the hot key?

Thanks.