[Eric] Eric4 and interactive PyQwt Plots

Darryl Wallace darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca
Fri Nov 7 18:48:26 GMT 2008

Basically, when using the startup environment script I previously
mentioned, or using ipython, you can create a window from the
command-line and the event-loop returns to the commandline and you can
still access the Qt Object.

So when, for a PyQwt plot, I call plot.show(), the plot is displayed and
I can continue to modify the contents of that plot (like change titles,
make the window bigger, etc.) from the command line.

Currently in eric, if I run a script where the end result is displaying
a plot I can't continue to work from the shell window's command-line
until I close the plot window.  I would still like to be able to access
the active plot objects from the shell's commandline, as well as do
other things.

So, using PyQwt (http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/cli-examples.html)* *I can
generate a plot.  Do some stuff.. add a new line to that existing plot
from the command-line after it's already been displayed.  Just some more
flexibility.

I hope this helps clear things up.  Is this possible?