[Eric] Crash when on Settings/Preferences

Darren Dale darren.dale at cornell.edu
Fri May 9 15:33:01 BST 2008

I think this problem was related to some cruft in kubuntu. I had been getting
some errors about dependency issues in kde4. I removed a bunch of kde4
packages, ran apt-get autoremove, reinstalled kubuntu-kde4-desktop, and now I
am able to enter the configurations dialog.

I still have the issue where if I select to use kde4 dialogs in eric
preferences, the text in the menubars disappears. This was reportedly a
problem with pykde4 and the oxygen theme, and I read somewhere that it was
fixed in pykde-4.0.2-2. I installed pykde-4.0.3 with kubuntu's package
manager, and the problem persists. Fortunately, it is not critical, I can
simply disable the kde4 dialogs. But if anyone has been able to get this
option to work, would you please provide some details?

Thanks,
Darren