[Eric] eric4 menus

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Jun 15 09:05:40 BST 2008

On Sonntag, 15. Juni 2008, Lee Connell wrote:
> Detlev,
>
> I don't see a place to change the context menu in the editor itself, as you
> can do with the toolbars.
>
> I think the menu has just a little too much, very big, i would like to
> change it to just have editing options only and use the main window menu
> and toolbars for the additional stuff.
>
> Should I add this as a request somewhere?

The editor already has a second context menu, which is a minimal version of
the standard one. You may configure it's usage in the configuration dialog,
Editor->Style (Part 2) page, "Show minimal context menu".

There will be no menu configuration tool because sometimes context menus are
built on demand and their context depends on the situation. It is very
different to the toolbars.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de